How to find and check outbound (outgoing, external) website links
- Login into your account or create new one.
- 1a. Either, if you run new website : go to Main account screen and add new site to test process, pointing out, that external links should be checked. Click button "Start new process"
- 1b. OR, if you have this site in your account : in Main account screen click on "Additional (optional) settings". In the opened panel, select checkbox "Check outbound elements (links, images, documents, etc.)
availability". The next automatic or manual testing will make an outbound link test.
- If you're going to check internal elements availability, please, in this opened panel select checkbox "Check internal (images, documents etc.) elements availability". The next automatic or manual testing will
make an internal elements availability test.
- 2. Wait until the test is completed
- 3. In Main account screen click on required website test result
- 4. Tap on the outbound search field:
- * Either enter ::EXTERNAL (including double colon)
- * OR start typing something in this field and from the drop-down box, choose appropriate type of external link you're looking for
- 5. Click "Search" button
- 6. After that, you will have page with search results which contains only preselected values.
- 7. Click on some of them (one of result), pay attention on the outbound links part. Necessary link will be highlighted by color.
- In general, there are the following hints types of outbound links request (type them into outbound links field):
- ::EXTERNAL – show me all pages of selected website test result with any external links
- ::EXTERNAL ALIVE – show me all pages of selected website test result with external links which are alive (external links checkbox should be selected before test start)
- ::EXTERNAL UNATTAINABLE – show me all pages of selected website test result with unattainable external links (external links checkbox should be selected before test start)
- ::UNATTAINABLE – show me all pages (internal and external) of selected website test result which have unattainable links in outbound (Both, internal and external checkboxes should be selected before start
- ::REDIRECT - show me all pages (internal and external) of selected website test result which have redirects in outbound links
You can use these search hints together with the other criteria in other search fields. It could make your search results more accurate and relevant.